11.26.2008

Walmart- What was I thinking?

Cam wanted to go look at toys today at Walmart to make sure she hadn't forgot anything on her multiple lists....LOL.....and I needed to get a few things, so off we went....... and 2 1/2 days ( I mean, hours) later, we returned, frazzled, and cross-eyed with this crazy anxious tic from the pre-Thanksgiving shopping at our favorite supercenter........ WHAT WAS I THINKING? ( I admit I was the one cross-eyed , Cam was starry-eyed!)

This year, I am not preparing the feast, but we will celebrate in Anderson, so I have not been bakin', salad makin', hen roastin', or fixin' dressin', so It was interesting to see all the ladies ( and some husbands on their cell phones!) with huge baskets cramming them full with goodies and LOTS of home decorating items - we ladies can find ANY reason to decorate! Everyone was preparing for an occasion to celebrate with family and friends.

It struck me later, that preparation is key. I am so not naturally a organized person. Thank the Lord for Craig helping me in that way! I have learned over the years that when I take the time to plan, organize and implement, every thing just has a more put-together feel to it. Preparing our hearts and minds for this season is crucial to our enjoyment of it.

This year we are presenting a sketch in Worship called, "Remember the Child" and it encourages us to see beyond Black Friday, Christmas Parties, presents, church events, and even family traditions- and stop to remember what we're celebrating- the birth of our Lord, Jesus! If we stop now and are mindful to what it's all about, God can teach us more, help us treasure up these things like Mary and experience the season with a new fervor....
So, prepare your heart and remember the Child this season! You WILL be blessed for it!

No comments: